National Pollutant Inventory Guide
Version 6.1, September 2015
ISBN 8 642 54690 8
About the guide
The NPI is an Australian database of emissions from various industrial facility sources, and diffuse sources. The NPI Guide helps facility managers, or operators, estimate emissions for the NPI. It helps a facility find out whether it needs to report its emissions of NPI substances.
The NPI Guide will take you step by step through the reporting process.
The NPI Guide contains the following information:
- Section 1: About the NPI
- Section 2: Determining if you need to report to the NPI
- Section 3: Estimating NPI emissions
- Section 4: Estimating NPI substances in transfers of waste
- Section 5: How to report NPI emissions and transfers
- Appendix A: Complete list of the 93 NPI substances
- Appendix B: Additional NPI substance data
- Appendix C: Additional information on Total VOCs
- Appendix D: Unit conversion factors
- Appendix E: TEF and (B[A]P) data
- Appendix F: Erratum for the NPI Guide
First published in 1998
What's new in version 6.1?
If you’re using Version 6.0, you can keep using it. The only changes in version 6.1 are the document version number and date. Version 6.0 contained auto-updating dates on the front page and in the footer, which created some inconsistencies between the dates reported by this page, the Word formatted guide, and the PDF formatted guide.